Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Months ago, I deleated this blog. I moved all my blogs to another site. I have been thinking about what to do with this space. For days, I have thought that maybe this should be what the title reflects. Refeltions, memories of the past. A way to look deep into the soul of who I am, who I was and what I want to be.

After the election, I needed a break, away for the computer and the many problems associated with my political views. So, this space will not be used for politics, or world affairs. I will be a much different blog this time around. For me to look back and reflect on my life, is difficult as it is for many of you, I am sure. I will write about things I know about and have experienced, and what I have learned.

I am a firm beleiver, that we all learn from the time we are born, to stop learning is to die. I do not mean from schools or classrooms, life teaches us so much. For example, I learned from a very young age, that money does not buy happiness. And no one can make us happy, except ourselves. Do not look to anyone to provide something you yourself cannot.

Tonight, I sit in a nice home, filled with all the wealth american can provide. My car is almost new, and so is my laptop, cell phone and mp3 player. I have plenty of food, and fine clothes, two minks in my closest, and so many shoes I could never wear them all. More diamond rings than my mother ever had. I am not sayng this to brag, far from it. But I also sit here on New Years Eve, alone. I have few friends, and work long hours. My husband has choosen to spend tonight with his friends. He will buy me anything me heart desires, and think its ok.

This country has become all about money and what it can buy, never thinking about the really important things in life. People, are what is important, not things. But many are easily caught up in the circle of more, more and more. This is not the first time in my life that I have noticed this, it just never seems to go away. Circling back in my life like a boomarang returning to the sender.

Buying love or happiness, is a temporary thing, and lasts only a moment in a larger spector of things. Life is full of ups and downs, we never know what hand we will be dealt until its here. hings change and people change. My husband and I have grown apart our interests are different, we live in the same house but we are not together. It happens to everyone I suppose sooner or later.

I understand and accept that, due to the fact that there is nothing I can do. I have learned over the years, that there are many things we cannot change. I cannot say I am happy about it, but honeslty am way to tired to try to do anything about it. I am convinced that there are millions out there tonight just like me, so I know I am not alone. So, for all of those like me, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

foxtown said...

(OT-sorry)

Weblog Awards 2008:

It's the PUMA Blogs vs. the OBOT blogs. And PUMAs need your help!! It takes only a minute. It's easy!

Vote Here:
http://pumaparty.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6037

Thank you so much!
Have a wonderful day!